2014年11月12日 星期三

Monga - the world of gangs in Monga when 1980s


At the first, I must show you the trailer of this film, and it has become a habit of my post~

Before you watched this movie, I thought that most people had so many question to the lives of gangs.
Specially, Monga showed the Taiwanese gangs to you, and you would know that their life wasn't just fighting.

"What's the meaning of our daily fighting?"
"I don't know what's the fucking meaning. I just know what's the code of the brotherhood."

I believe that someone who hasn't seen this film has heard the sentence.
And what I learned from this film is "the code of the brotherhood."
Though someone thinks it's just the excuses of them to fight with violence, I have my own opinion.
I think that we will give some empathy to their life, and we could compare their life to ours.
They fought for brotherhood, gangs like their second home etc..
They fought for what seemed a lot to them, and how about us? 
We fought with more and more pressure from studying and working competition, and those are related to bread (maybe your love).

So what is the difference between those in gangs and us?

At the end of this film, it is a tragedy.
The members of "太子幫" are sworn brothers originally, but they had to fight with each other because the hate from the senior gangs.
Their brotherhood crushed, and some of them dead for the crushing of their brotherhood.

It showed more and more helpless and abandon of hope of their life. They couldn't go back to their brotherhood.

Most people thought the film would give children bad example, but some movie critics didn't.
And the following is the response of the director, 鈕承澤 :
"I poured my love and introspection in this movie, and what I wanted to tell is ' never step on the bad road.' "

words:317

4 則留言:

  1. This film is quite famous~
    I have heard about it from my friends many times and one of them loves 鈕承澤 so much~~~She loves his unique way to tell a story~~~
    But I haven't seen it before. I think I will watch it soon~

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I think 鈕承澤 is a very good director.
      He used unique shooting ways to tell the inner of the stories!

      刪除
  2. This movie is impressive, but I cannot still understand what did director want to tell us.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Something about brotherhood and something about contradiction between real life and mind!

      刪除